right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

SAT Score send?

rl223093rl223093 3 replies7 threads New Member
edited September 22 in College Admissions
I took SAT last year and I got RB: 670 Math 800. This year I got RB:740 Math 800. Should I send both scores because I have the same math score even though this year's composite is higher? Cause CU says "Columbia University has indicated that they consider your highest section scores across all SAT test dates that you submit. Feel free to send any additional scores that you want to make available to Columbia University." and Collegeboard automatically checked both scores to send.
edited September 22
3 replies
Post edited by skieurope on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: SAT Score send?

• Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3896 replies94 threads Senior Member
    Great scores! I would just send the second set. The first doesn't really add anything to the application, it just duplicates the information. They don't necessarily know how many times you took the test, so there's something to be said for letting them wonder if you did this in one go. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • rl223093rl223093 3 replies7 threads New Member
    Thank you so much :smile: !
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 3023 replies48 threads Senior Member
    No real reason to send the first, except at the very few schools that require all test records (and there may be none in this odd year).

Theoretically it makes absolutely no difference, but no reason to provide the opportunity for a subconscious “but that other score”.
    · Reply · Share