Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

HELP should i take SAT on oct 7 or not??

h.s.almostova11h.s.almostova11 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
okay so im applying to some pretty competitive schools, including georgetown, unc, boston college, uva, michigan, emory ... i am from maryland.

i took the SAT in march and got a 2030 - 680 CR, 720 W, 630 M

i also took the ACT in june and got a 33

i was planning on retaking the SAT this saturday to imrpove my math score, but i am seirously reconsidering it now. i havnet done any prep for the SATs since march, and i just took a practice math test and scored badd (580-600)

is it really worth it to go to the trouble of taking it again if i just get a lower score?? i dont want colleges to see that i did terribly on my october SAT, and my ACT is pretty solid . (only thing is i have to send my college board scores because of my SAT 2S -- one of which im taking in december, meaning no matter what they'd see my oct scores)

if anyone has advice on whether i should take the test or not id really appreciate it!
Post edited by h.s.almostova11 on

Replies to: HELP should i take SAT on oct 7 or not??

This discussion has been closed.