Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please note that there will be maintenance work done at 9:00am ET tomorrow, June 22nd. While it is very unlikely, this may result in 15 minutes maximum of downtime. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

If i were to prep for the Bio Subject test, would it prepare me for the Bio AP test

spectravoidspectravoid Registered User Posts: 546 Member
If i were to prep for the Bio subject test and get lets say a 770

what should i get on the AP test if i took it

I'm not taking the bio2ap in my school (In bio 1H) but i'm prepping for the Subject test. (Bio 1 in my school goes over the same material as bio 2ap (just a little bit more in depth)).

Is the AP test easier/tougher?
Post edited by spectravoid on

Replies to: If i were to prep for the Bio Subject test, would it prepare me for the Bio AP test

• spectravoidspectravoid Registered User Posts: 546 Member
    oh and 40% of bio Ap test takers in my school get a 5
  • IBfootballerIBfootballer Registered User Posts: 2,250 Senior Member
    no. AP bio goes far beyond what the SAT II does. unless you have been prepared for the material on the AP exam, don't take it.

my freshman bio class prepared us for the SAT II. a bunch of people scored really well. but we certainly weren't prepared for the AP exam
  • spunauglespunaugle Registered User Posts: 804 Member
    The SAT II subject test goes nowhere near the depth that the AP bio test does. I would say the SAT II covers basic biology, such as I had in my freshman level class, and what is roughly the first few weeks of AP bio.
  • spectravoidspectravoid Registered User Posts: 546 Member
    i looked over the practice ap questions on the website and i got nearly all of them correct

so i'm not certain what i should do
    If you really think you can justify the money/time/agony of sitting through an AP test, and think you have a legitimate shot, then I'd say try.
  • IBfootballerIBfootballer Registered User Posts: 2,250 Senior Member
    "i looked over the practice ap questions on the website and i got nearly all of them correct"

that is a poor basis of preparedness for the exam.
  • lemonslemons Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    wait... so if one was to get a 5 on the AP bio exam, they should easily get a 750+ on the subject test correct??
  • mikester0904mikester0904 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    @lemons: probably, but that doesn't mean that if you get a 750+ on the subject test that you can easily get a 5 on the AP Biology test.
  • lemonslemons Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    yeah, that makes sense... and just wondering, what is easier bio m or bio e??
  • lionsrcute3lionsrcute3 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    same question here! i dont know which one to take... e or m? i'm in ap bio right now and i'll probably get like a 4 or something cuz im gonna study my butt off.
    It depends on what you're better at. M is molecular and more biochem type stuff, structure and such, E is ecology. I personally took m because I was more familiar with it.
This discussion has been closed.