Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

SAT II subject tests (serious help needed!!)

stuckinillinoisstuckinillinois Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
I might take some SAT II tests in June, and I know that I can take U.S History as I am in AP now, but I can't find another subject. Is the chem test really hard, and how advanced is the math II test? I'm in pre-calc now, but my teacher is slow, and we haven't learned enough.
Post edited by stuckinillinois on

Replies to: SAT II subject tests (serious help needed!!)

• ThisCouldBeHeavnThisCouldBeHeavn - Posts: 16,060 Senior Member
    The chem test is of similar difficulty to the AP Test, depending on what you're good at. It's a lot more fact based. Math II is pretty difficult, but it's known for its friendly curve. I'm not sure how useful that would be if you haven't finished the material. OTOH, if you're really good at math it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I would suggest finding some prep books (at a library or bookstore) and glancing through the material while you're there. If you think you can do most of it then go ahead.
  • dukevonkanedukevonkane Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Math II is hard and if you are in Pre-Calc,it's better to choose Chem
  • agentunderfire38agentunderfire38 Registered User Posts: 499 Member
    The highest the math goes to on the Math II exam is to Pre Calc. So, you should be fairly prepared. And, not too many Pre Calc topics are on the exam.
This discussion has been closed.