Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
phillipscottphillipscott User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 152 Junior Member
So, I received a 2200 on my SAT I with a 700 in CR, 770 in math, and 730 in writing. My question is should I retake the SAT in hopes of improving that score, especially CR, or just take the ACT and hope to do well on that with like a 33+?
Post edited by phillipscott on

Replies to: Advice?

• ivytune001ivytune001 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    From my experiences (and the people I know) it is easier to do well on the ACT than the SAT. That being said, have you taken the ACT? If you have, what are you currently scoring?
  • phillipscottphillipscott User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 152 Junior Member
    I have not yet taken the ACT but I had also been told that it was easier to do well on than the SAT so that's why I was wondering which option would be more beneficial.
  • yohobroncosyohobroncos Registered User Posts: 223 Junior Member
    it really depends on you. a lot of my friends (i live ina sat dominant area) would never consider taking the act (people say its inconvenient to study for both tests). i spent probably about a month studying really hard for the sat, got a 2300, but then i took the act two weeks earlier just for the heck of it and got a 35 and mainly used that for college. i think if you dont have any mental objections to taking the act to just take it and see what happens (dont worry about score choice either, im too lazy to explaint hough)
  • ivytune001ivytune001 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    I agree completely with yohobroncos.

I think its a good idea for people to try out the ACT, even if they decide it's not for them. A lot of people do better on the ACT.
  • normansunormansu Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    well all this firsts is considering on what colleges you want to apply to? for a lot of schools in CA, where i live, a 2200 is considered a pretty good score. If you want to apply to like MIT Princeton Harvard or those top notch schools, you might want to retake.

As for ACT, it also depends on colleges. some colleges would rather accept SAT than ACT.
This discussion has been closed.