right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Prep Book for math?

warlands719warlands719 484 replies15 threads Member
edited July 2011 in SAT Preparation
Hey guys,

So I have been recently been taking some practice SATs and I found out I am weak in math. I mean low 600s. Is there any book that is good to help me out? I mean , I know the basic stuff (I'm not stupid) just the medium to hard problems.

Thanks in advance.
edited July 2011
7 replies
Post edited by warlands719 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Prep Book for math?

• DusterbugDusterbug - 336 replies55 threads Member
    Good God there are far, far too many of these exact threads. Literally, you could check the posts of like the last 2 days and found 6 threads asking this exact thing.

Anywho, the general consensus is that Gruber's and Dr. Chung are the best math prep books.
    · Reply · Share
  • warlands719warlands719 484 replies15 threads Member
    Alright sorry about that. There's just a lot of mixed answers and I don't known which to take. My bad
    · Reply · Share
  • keneezy786keneezy786 38 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I found Sparknotes' SAT Geometry to helpful. Short and sweet.
    · Reply · Share
  • keneezy786keneezy786 38 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Actually, there's an whole Sparknotes SAT Math series. I only used the Geometry one because that's where I had trouble.
    · Reply · Share
  • StudiousMaximusStudiousMaximus 3015 replies43 threads Senior Member
    Gruber's is best for those scoring <650, so it's probably best for you. Dr. Chung's (which I own) is quite advanced, and you should have a good understanding of SAT math before using it (>650).
    · Reply · Share
  • herozero1234herozero1234 593 replies31 threads Member
    Exactly what everyone else said above my friend, I score in the high 500s in math, so i got Gruber's and its quite neat. It shows you many different ways to solve many different types of problems on the SAT. Well worth the buy, and it was only $10-12 bucks on Amazon!
    · Reply · Share
  • DorkyelmoDorkyelmo 1476 replies294 threads Senior Member
    I actually am using kaplan even though i score higher than 650..

Just because Dr.Chung is expensive and grubers is too easy.
    Raised my score about 50 points...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity