Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Can I use the Barrons SAT 2 Math Level 1 book to help myself prepare well for the

HossainHossain Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
edited July 2011 in SAT Preparation
math section of the SAT 1? My tutor told me to get the book to study at home for the math section of the SAT 1. I want your opinions also though, so what do you guys think? Does it cover everything tested on the SAT 1, does it have good explanations, has anyone else tried this?
Post edited by Hossain on

Replies to: Can I use the Barrons SAT 2 Math Level 1 book to help myself prepare well for the

• DorkyelmoDorkyelmo Registered User Posts: 1,770 Senior Member
    I don't have the barron book. But I definitely agree. SAT II covers all the "hard" math.
  • HossainHossain Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    Thanx bro^ just needed a confirmation, hardly anyone answers someones question anymore on this board
    Haha.
    Well that's what I'm doing right now.
    Instead of studying Dr.Chung. I've been doing SAT2 math
  • HossainHossain Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    is it helping you at all though? ^ and one more thing i finished the barrons 2400 book and basically now know how to every single problem in the book even the examples, i just wanna make sure though, the sat 2 math level 1 book by barrons is completely different right?
    I don't know about that..
    My barron out is out leading.. so I don't know. But to me I feel that the SAT2 math is harder.
  • Aceventura74Aceventura74 Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    Hossain,

It can't hurt, however SAT I Math books may be the best route solely because they are geared towards the SAT I itself.

~Aceventura74
  • nothingtonothingto Registered User Posts: 1,347 Senior Member
    Hossain,

No. SAT 2 Math might be helpful, but barely. If you go to CollegeBoard website, there are many subjects that the SAT I math teaches which is not tested on SAT II math, or many subjects on SAT 2 math that is not tested on SAT I.

So practicing off of SAT 2 Math is futile and will only teach you so much. I suggest something geared towards SAT I Math.

However, this is just my opinion in regards to when I practiced questions from SAT II math. So my opinion won't be 100% right.

If not the BB, then I suggest Dr Chung.
This discussion has been closed.