Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I have to take 7 SAT Subject tests

AliJ94AliJ94 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
edited July 2011 in SAT Preparation
Hello CC.. I have to take 7 subject tests in order to be accepted in any university here in Jordan. I will have to take Math I, Math II, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Literature and any one extra subject. I will take the 7 from Dec to June, 3 in December 3 in Jan and in May and June I will take one extra subject and improve the one I have taken already. I'm not a super genius like almost all people on this forum and we didn't take any AP classes here in my school so how hard is it to score about 600 in each of the above subjects? Oh btw my SAT 1 score was 1820 which is considered more than great here :)
Post edited by AliJ94 on

Replies to: I have to take 7 SAT Subject tests

• ZombieDanteZombieDante Registered User Posts: 3,895 Senior Member
    Ummmm............
  • nothingtonothingto Registered User Posts: 1,347 Senior Member
    What is this... I don't even...

7 SAT Subjects...

Lol
  • theeboy3theeboy3 - Posts: 191 Junior Member
    wait what?
  • jiyunjkwindjiyunjkwind Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    **slow clap**
  • AliJ94AliJ94 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Some serious comments please?
  • DaisieDaisie Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    What is it you're asking? We know nothing about your knowledge or preparation, so it's impossible for us to guess how difficult you'll find the tests. I suggest you consult reputable prep books or online guides so that you'll know what to expect on each test.
  • xiggixiggi Registered User Posts: 25,432 Senior Member
    I have to take 7 subject tests in order to be accepted in any university here in Jordan.

Serious comment? Here's one ... TCB will only report a maximum of SIX subject tests. Will they take your word for the 7th one?
    After you take the 7 Subjects you don't report it to the university you will have to go to the Ministry of Education with proven document that you took all 7 SAT Subjects with there marks and they will convert it into a percentage out of 100 and that decide if you will get accepted or not
  • anothergalaxyanothergalaxy Registered User Posts: 705 Member
    Ali,
    If you did great in the classes of those subjects, you should be fine. These tests have a huge curve, meanin that you can get several wrong (number wrong depends on the test) and still possibly get a perfect score. So a goal of 600 will allow you to get a lot wrong (from what I've seen).

Sent from my iPod touch using CC
  • anothergalaxyanothergalaxy Registered User Posts: 705 Member
    Btw, that score of 1820 is pretty good, and way above average here in the US also. According to your skills represented by that score, I think you'll do good on the subject tests.

Sent from my iPod touch using CC
    For whoever is wondering read this King's Academy | Tawjihi Equivalency Requirements and check option 3.

Thanks anothergalaxy for your insight. When I look at this forum everyone is like a 2200+ so when I look at my mark I go O.o
    For Literature Subject test I guess am screwed since I just got 540 in CR section.
  • burgerking316burgerking316 Registered User Posts: 388 Member
    Have you considered the other options? They might be easier for you. Option 5 would allow you to overlap Subject Tests and AP exams. I took the Physics SAT II and the Physics B AP test, along with the U.S. History SAT II/AP exams. I would say they are pretty similar.
    BurgerKing - No AP exams are administered in the country am currently studying which is Saudi Arabia. So AP isn't an option
  • Aceventura74Aceventura74 Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    AliJ94,

A 600 is very do-able without AP preparation. I personally, alongside many class mates and good friends of mine, studied "solo" and did phenomenal on the SAT IIs. Granted, if you sit through an entire year of AP you will be exposed to the topics, but that doesn't guarantee a great score. Studying hard on your own and taking advantage of every resource available (study books, study guides, Sparknotes SAT II Center) will get you a great score equal to if not greater than someone who merely takes the AP course then takes the SAT II in it with 0 prep. And trust me, most people do that; they're cocky and arrogant and think they "know it." SAT IIs sometimes stress topics that APs gloss over, and vice versa. So its all about the effort. Study and you'll do well, yes its cliche, but its true. Best of luck my friend :)!

~Aceventura74
This discussion has been closed.