Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Let's beat the December SAT. Together.

Replies to: Let's beat the December SAT. Together.

• mido96mido96 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Let beat December SAT
  • Billy17Billy17 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    As we all know, BB doesn't have a detailed explanations for its answers of practice tests. But I found explanations for most of Math problems of all those 11 practice tests in BB. Here:

[url=http://blog.****/p/blue-book-math-solution-index.html#.UKDEGofTNsY]PWN the SAT: Blue Book Math Solution Index[/url]

Now, I need the explanations for Writing and CR questions of practice tests in BB, just like how The PWN The SAT guy did for Math ones. Can anyone find? Marie? The links you've provided in this thread were extremely helpful, btw.
    Can you give me the link? I thought they only provide explanations for their QOTDs
  • Marie96Marie96 Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
    @Billy,
    Good job on the improvement with Writing! If you have the BB, just go to this website: Welcome to the Official SAT Study Guide Book Owner's Area You'll then be prompted to choose which one you have. After that, you'll have to confirm by filling in the blank on a question they give you. Once you complete that, you should see a page where you can enter your answers online and an area that says, "View Explanations and Sample Essays." Click on "View" on which test you would like to see explained.
    Guys, 18 more days!
  • ReckieReckie Registered User Posts: 346 Member
    Marie your count is giving me anxiety.

Tip of the day!(ha) On the writing section, No Error is the answer aproximately 15-20% of the time; or one in every 5-6 questions.
    Guess you better start hustling up then, Reckie!

Well, I think now I'm just going to focus solely on CR and Writing.
    As of now, my testing center still has "makeup info to be announced" on it. All my Nov. ticket says is Makeup too. :(
    That's exactly where I am too in terms of the make-up. I'm not too hung up on it anymore: I can actually feel myself improving in math.

What are you using to practice CR?
    I meant writing. ;)
    Wow, that was pretty ironic! Haha. But good for you! :)

I'm using Barrons CR workbook right now.

After the Dec. test (when I'll be finish with the SAT), I'm having a bonfire with friends to burn these prep books! It'll be a bittersweet moment lol...except for the fact that I gotta start studying for the SAT II right after for the Jan. date. :D

Question: Practice the BB tests as a whole or section by section?
  • zfrostingzfrosting Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Taking the December SAT as well.

Just finished the 2nd practice test in the BB. Got my first 2000!

670 CR
    640 Math
    690 (gave myself a 10 essay) Writing

Don't know how the heck I did so well (I was aiming for a 650 in Reading) in CR! I felt like this practice test had easy passages. I sort of clicked and understood the passages more during this test. Sort of weird.. I have never felt this way/did this well on CR before. Hope this positive trend continues.
    Writing was 690 as usual. Missed a 5 and omitted 1. Need to brush up on some grammar. Aiming for at least 700 on the real thing.
    Math is disappointing. :( It's supposed to be the easiest section and I don't know how it was my worse this time around. Missed 9 and omitted 2.

Going to finish some homework then review the answers to the test. This is the first time I got 2000, and 2000 is my goal on the real thing. Want to average at least 2100 on the practice tests so I feel confident for a 2000 on the Dec. test.

I really want to be done with the SAT with one sitting. I know I, and a lot of people here, have been stressed these past couple of weeks because of the SAT December...
    Good luck to everyone and yeah, let's beat this and reach our goals together this December.
    @zFrosting, I wish I could score 2000+ on practice tests! Nice man.

@Marie, don't accidentally burn the SAT2 book!!
    @Marie I'm doing section by section. Doing it as a whole would give me an anguish. LOL
    I'm in NY the makeup has been posted for the 17th. Not sure if taking it yet..
    @zfrosting,
    Great job! Keep the score rising! :)

@Reckie,
    Ha, I'll "try" not to!

@Billy,
    Yeah, that's what I'm mainly doing right now. Well, I guess you could say that...just taking a section at a time, but having a pretty good interval between all of them.

@jomi77,
    Nah, I'm in SC.

Makeup testing still has yet to be announced for SC... :(
This discussion has been closed.