Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please help me grade and improve this essay

DanielSuissa92DanielSuissa92 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
Hey, after recieving some helpful advises here - I tried again another essay:
the question is a little annoying and I'd like you to also assess whether i got off topic or not.

What is one great question that every educated man should ask?

Comparing to planet Earth the average human lifespan is as flitting as a flash. Before we manage to figure what is our role in this world we depart from it. To ensure humankind’s longevity every educated man has to ask himself “how can I contribute to humankind’s development”?

Great figures like Alberts Einstein and Thomas Edison gave this world the products of their greatest gift - their mind. Since we are all mortal, each of us is obliged to continue to work of our predecessors on this planet. Continuing scientific research is crucial to ascertain humanity’s advancement from the point in which the previous generation left it. If every person with scientific mind would ask himself how can he contribute, we would set forward amazing technological development.

Of course science is not the only way to ensure this plant’s growth. The work of free minded people such as Martin Luther King Junior and Theodor Roosvelt has to progress too. Educated people around the world should seek to engage in political movements to better society’s attitude towards the less fortunate and those who are suffer inequality. This world needs more people to help stop murder in Syria and disparity in Africa. If we would not sustain the fight for human rights, there is a danger of degeneration to old social habits such as feudalism and tyranny.

The last and most important aspect in which people should contribute is education. Today’s children and adolescents are tomorrow’s leaders, and should be educated accordingly. It is imperative that more volunteers would practice pedagogy, so the ratio of students per teacher will decrease, and thus help provide a more effective teaching and control over lower graders.

Every person on this planet has the power to develop society, and it is pivotal that we all ask ourselves how we can give our part. As demonstrated in science, politics and education, in every field the is something to improve; educated people must ask in which way they can help to make mankind’s future brighter.
This discussion has been closed.