Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

800 SAT Math. HOW!?

imlikeabird2imlikeabird2 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
edited August 2013 in SAT Preparation
Right now, my score ranges from a 680-740 and I keep on missing a few misc questions, like the "how many ways can he go through the maze" puzzle questions. How do I get an 800?

I'm using the Barron's Math Workbook and doing all the problems. What other books do you recommend to get those last points? I'm considering getting Barron's 2400 for extra tips. Is it worth it? Or should I get like a non-SAT math contest book to test the puzzle questions?

Help please! Thank you!
Post edited by imlikeabird2 on

Replies to: 800 SAT Math. HOW!?

• MITer94MITer94 Registered User Posts: 4,747 Senior Member
    Some of the counting questions have certain strategies, but such problems can be diverse.

For harder problems, I might suggest looking at some mid AMC10-12 problems (or other contests of similar difficulty) -- not sure how effective it is for SAT preparation, but I did AMC/AIME contests through MS and HS and have consistently scored 800's on SAT math...you could give it a try.

(Note: some harder AMC problems can be very tricky!)
This discussion has been closed.