right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

TestMasters?

lil_killer129lil_killer129 4176 replies529 threads Senior Member
edited April 2006 in SAT Preparation
I have been thinking a lot about this. I think I really need the testmaster course for the OCT test. If I use up the blue book over the summer on my own, would the course be useless? And also, how effective is the course for someone who scores 380v, 680m, 510w?
edited April 2006
5 replies
Post edited by lil_killer129 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: TestMasters?

• lil_killer129lil_killer129 4176 replies529 threads Senior Member
    Can anyone offer assistance? :(
    · Reply · Share
  • ScareyaScareya . 1112 replies27 threads Member
    From reading the boards...I hear that grammatix is really helpful. I'm considering getting it for myself.

Are you a native speaker?
    · Reply · Share
  • lil_killer129lil_killer129 4176 replies529 threads Senior Member
    From reading the boards...I hear that grammatix is really helpful. I'm considering getting it for myself.

Are you a native speaker?
    No. I am not a native speaker. I was born here in New York City and lived here my whole life. I just don't have the motivation to study on my own. I need a course instructor to help me. I think Testmasters can help.
    · Reply · Share
  • blackeyedsusanblackeyedsusan 2417 replies107 threads Senior Member
    I think it could still help you. The lower the scores, the more room for improvement! My son thought Testmasters was particularly helpful for CR and Writing, and not so much for Math. He especially liked the way they taught how to approach the essay.

While Testmasters has the students use the Blue Book exams to reinforce what they've learned, Testmasters comes up with their own diagnostic tests that are taken in the class -- so it shouldn't be a big deal that you've already gone through the Blue Book.
    · Reply · Share
  • raindrop1019raindrop1019 929 replies30 threads Member
    agree completely with blackeyedsusan. I have a code for $20 off, not that helps much, I know. PM me if you're interested.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity