Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!
Dika99Dika99 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
I have taken the sat and got 1260/1600 ---> 580 English and 680 Math so what can i else do to get a higher score because i am looking after a scholarship ???

Replies to: SAT

• theultimatedreamtheultimatedream Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    @Dika99 Practice makes perfect. Work on getting familiar with typical SAT questions. I took the SAT in June, and scored a 1480/1600 ( 760 Maths / 720 Reading&Writing ) . I have spent two hours each day working on my READING/Writing. I am an international student, so reading is my weak point. I advise you to explore more the Khanacademy and have a will to finish at least 60 questions per day. Consistency is the key.
    If you need anything else, you can go ahead, and ask.
  • Dika99Dika99 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @theultimatedream I have been practicing for 6 hours everyday and i don't know what is the problem
    i'm not worried about the math but the reading is my huge problem ( also an international student)
    what else were you doing ??
  • theultimatedreamtheultimatedream Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    @Dika99 : I read a lot. I also used a lot of reading from the previous SAT tests so I can get used to the verbose, complicated texts- I DO NOT know if this might help you or not- . Did you take practice tests from College board? If yes, did you witness a little bit of progress?
  • Dika99Dika99 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @theultimatedream yes i have and i witnessed alot of progress but i want to increase because there are no more chances in my country :( :/
This discussion has been closed.