right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Name on Registration ticket

FouadNaraFouadNara 1 replies3 threads New Member
Hey, my name is Fouad Nara, in my ID it's written Fouad Na'ra.
I know it sounds stupid but does the ( ' ) really make a difference? I put my name in the Registration ticket as it is on my ID but I never wrote Na'ra anywhere else... In my collegeboard profile it says Nara. I just want to make sure that no complications happen.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Name on Registration ticket

• GlobalFencingMomGlobalFencingMom 63 replies0 threads Junior Member
    It should be fine. You can call up the college board and double check but I think it won't matter as long as the name is close enough and the photo on the ticket matches the photo on the ID. If they tell you it needs to match exactly then I am sure they will be able to do that for you and re-issue the ticket. I would call them just so you remove this from your head as a worry.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 41963 replies8190 threads Super Moderator
    I will assume that's not your real name that you are listing her on a site with confidential in its name. But no, it will make no difference.
    · Reply · Share
  • Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3873 replies94 threads Senior Member
    I have a hyphenated name and I still can't believe in this day and age how many computer systems need to remove the hyphen. Same with your apostrophe, I would imagine. This has never given me any trouble, though, and nor should you have any. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share