right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Sample SAT "12" Essays

blubberxyzblubberxyz 231 replies40 postsRegistered User Junior Member
edited November 2013 in SAT Preparation
Proud of your SAT essay score? Ah, it'll be lovely if you'd kindly post it for the rest us to admire and drool on, worshipping on a pedest - OK, actually, I was just wondering whether anybody would be kind enough to post up a sample "12" essay of theirs, so we can see what exactly composes of an exceptional essay.

Any takers?
edited November 2013
180 replies
Post edited by blubberxyz on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Sample SAT "12" Essays

• GardenMaidenGardenMaiden 212 replies38 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    O_O Wow. This was from the October SAT, right?
    · Reply · Share
  • blubberxyzblubberxyz 231 replies40 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Very well written essay - subtle yet gets the message clearly across. Your last line seems to sum it all up - "heaven knows we need those examples now." Maybe you might have meant something else, but this line really got my attention and summed up your point. :)

Great job.
    · Reply · Share
  • lynn4evalynn4eva 502 replies37 postsRegistered User Member
    yes i loved the last line! too bad my essay on the same subject wasn't as good as yours.. :( last line is very very true though. i also loved this line

"Originally, heroes were not necessarily good, but they were always extraordinary; to be a hero was to expand people's sense of what was possible for a human being."

i think that would be an accurate way to describe a hero...because heros don't necessarily have to be GOOD, they just have to be GREAT. not the same thing haha.
    · Reply · Share
  • K2theENNYK2theENNY 28 replies5 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    wow, thats a crazy good essay

the one i wrote was way worse...im not sure how i also got a 12 ahah
    · Reply · Share
  • 6y6y66y6y6 221 replies6 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Having read your essay, I can now understand why I got a "9". I've always under-estimated other's ability to write well within 25 mins. Btw, how did you view your essay? It's shown on my site that I have to come back in Nov 3 to view my essay.

Thank you, 8parks11!!! Anyone else?
    · Reply · Share
  • 8parks118parks11 380 replies20 postsRegistered User Member
    I used a trick. I first viewed my January Essay and replaced codes to put it to the October test - which doesn't work anymore...

Anyways I personally see some grammatical errors. I'm surprised that I got away with them and managed a 12.
    · Reply · Share
  • blubberxyzblubberxyz 231 replies40 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Would anybody else be generous enough to post an essay? ^^
    · Reply · Share
  • tongchen1226tongchen1226 658 replies40 postsRegistered User Member
    i cant figure out a way to get into my essay page, so i cant post until nov 2nd or 3rd.
    · Reply · Share
  • Keane FanKeane Fan 326 replies19 postsRegistered User Member
    8parks,I admire you! How the hell did you write that in 25 mins? Gosh.. I wonder what kinda essay you can write in an hour.
    · Reply · Share
  • tetrisfantetrisfan 11647 replies144 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    That was friggin brilliant. Kudos!
    · Reply · Share
    i love what Keane Fan wrote...i thought it was friggin funny
    · Reply · Share
  • frankchnfrankchn 1248 replies18 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    *applauds* Very well written :)
    · Reply · Share
  • tetrisfantetrisfan 11647 replies144 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Actually, I disagree about the 1 hour part. I find that the essays I write in a shorter time span are much better than the ones I take longer to write. I think it's that spontaneous burst of literature that gives my essays the zing that I like. My long-drawn ones tend to be too fuddy-duddy for my taste when I look at them later.

OK, maybe this makes no sense...
    · Reply · Share
  • tlu826tlu826 10 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
    i can post my 11 essay if you guys want to read it
    · Reply · Share
  • Keane FanKeane Fan 326 replies19 postsRegistered User Member
    go ahead tlu.

well i get a's in AP English but I must say I crack under pressure.. flow of writing to me is improved with increased span of time
    · Reply · Share
  • tongchen1226tongchen1226 658 replies40 postsRegistered User Member
    brilliant essay, it deserves far beyond a 12.
    · Reply · Share
  • thesmithsthesmiths 418 replies160 postsRegistered User Member
    Some advice on my part:

Literary / historical examples aren't the only ways you can score a 10+. If you are a good writer, and can strengthen your points well enough, it really doesn't matter what you use. Just try to write about something you like that has relevance to the prompt. I did that and got an 11.
    · Reply · Share
  • supery00nsupery00n 69 replies54 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    WOW! I always was told that writing one body paragraph would throw you into the 8-9 range at best. Ok. This sucks. haha
    · Reply · Share
    11 isn't a 12 is it? i think essays need that extra 'push' to make it jump that one little last point
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity