Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Improve SAT math score by taking practice tests or by studying math workbook?

SouthmomSouthmom Registered User Posts: 350 Member
edited March 2010 in SAT Preparation
In your opinion, what is the best way to bring up the math score on the SAT - working through SAT practice tests ("The 10 Real SATS") or by working through Kaplan's SAT Math workbook? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Southmom on

Replies to: Improve SAT math score by taking practice tests or by studying math workbook?

• fruitpunchfruitpunch Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Just from reading around these forums, I've seen that many have recommended the Gruber's SAT book for Math. I haven't personally tried it, so I can't give any feedback on how it is.
  • drdeep93drdeep93 Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    @fruitpunch
    gruber's is amazing for math, everything else pales in comparison(isn't the same for CR&Writing)
  • redjohnredjohn Registered User Posts: 321 Member
    I found Grubers useless. If you're struggling with 700's trying to get an 800--Grubers will NOT help. The information is pretty basic.
  • EspeonEspeon Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    I would use the collegeboard SAT book. It has 10 real practice tests. Using real tests is usually better than using prep book tests. Xiggi's prep advice (sticky at the top of this forum) has a condensed PDF version. There is a section titled "using released tests," which may be helpful.
  • brownman23brownman23 Registered User Posts: 621 Member
    Definitely use a Math workbook if you're struggling in the section. If you are like redjohn, all you need is practice, so go with sample tests.
This discussion has been closed.