Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it useful to get the SAS?

fruitpunchfruitpunch Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited March 2010 in SAT Preparation
Since the March SAT doesn't offer QAS, is it worth getting the SAS? I need to improve a bit in the CR section and Writing, so would it be beneficial to get the SAS or not since CB doesn't send you the test, only the answers and explanations?
Post edited by fruitpunch on

Replies to: Is it useful to get the SAS?

• brownman23brownman23 Registered User Posts: 621 Member
    Well, I'm pretty sure all the SATs do have the QAS. The only thing is that you have to wait till your score comes out on April 1st, and then you can order. The QAS really helped me when I ordered them for my October 2009 test...it really just reiterated all the things that I have to improve on.
  • fresh101fresh101 - Posts: 1,622 Senior Member
    ^No not all testing dates have QAS. Only October (in your case), january, and may. The others have SAS. SAS should only be used for tests in which you specificallly remember answers to questions you wanted to check if you got right. Otherwise, it's a total waste because you would have to have a hell of a memory to use the SAS efficiently.
  • brownman23brownman23 Registered User Posts: 621 Member
    oh, sorry fruitpunch and fresh101. So, then I would agree with fresh101, there is really no point with the SAS.
  • IAmCoolIAmCool Registered User Posts: 229 Junior Member
    yeah don't get sas. i got it for my first sat because i missed the qas,never helped at all. just a list of your answers
    like A B D C A
    and then x next to the ones you got wrong. totally useless because you don't have the questions
  • somead896somead896 Registered User Posts: 453 Member
    That sucks. I got it free with the fee waiver and that just wants me want to get my extra click back.
This discussion has been closed.