right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Silverturtle's Guide to SAT and Admissions Success

Replies to: Silverturtle's Guide to SAT and Admissions Success

• markalex1markalex1 406 replies33 threads Member
    Oh haha, I didn't read the whole thing, only the first couple posts. I'm not gonna need it for a while, I'm a rising 8th grader :).

But I bookmarked this thread, and I have a feeling it will make me very very happy once I am a rising junior.
    · Reply · Share
  • markalex1markalex1 406 replies33 threads Member
    Haha nice, this ultrasupermegabeastamazing guide is now a featured discussion :).
    · Reply · Share
  • everaryeverary 686 replies22 threads Junior Member
    This pretty much summed up what I've learned in my 3-4 months of exploring CC and more. Thanks. (And what markalex said; seriously consider expanding and publishing this.)
    · Reply · Share
  • Rtgrove123Rtgrove123 1523 replies275 threads Senior Member
    alritey...well I gotta say this guide is more informative, to the point, and logical than any other college admissions/test prep book I have read (and I have read alot of them). As always, your work is stunning (in a good way =D), silverturtle.

Good luck on your applications (I'd be completely shocked if u didn't get into all of HYPS),

Robbie
    · Reply · Share
  • HarambeeHarambee 2600 replies4 threads Senior Member
    Great post. It was very helpful, concise, and informative. Thank you for posting and sharing.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, silverturtle.
    · Reply · Share
  • onimpulseonimpulse 109 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Thank you so much for this!
    · Reply · Share
  • RayquazaRayquaza 39 replies40 threads Junior Member
    Wow thanks !!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • Vince011Vince011 810 replies10 threads Member
    Very helpful, good work.
    · Reply · Share
  • ZosiloZosilo 179 replies9 threads Junior Member
    thanks silverturtle for your amazing guide.

hey guys! anybody have a complete PDF version of this guide?
    · Reply · Share
  • LightSourceLightSource 694 replies51 threads- Member
    Thank you very much silverturtle! ^And yes, a PDF version would be most useful if anyone happens to have one.
    · Reply · Share
  • college3231college3231 526 replies34 threads Member
    Thank you so much for creating this incredibly helpful guide! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • HarambeeHarambee 2600 replies4 threads Senior Member
    [url=http://****/dDtprb]Here is the guide in PDF form[/url].

There are some minor formating issues. Some indenting and spacing might not show up, but it should help those who need to print it or access it in a different format.
    · Reply · Share
  • xunxunxunxun 44 replies27 threads Junior Member
    Hey I had a question about the AP exams. I am an international, and I took 4 of them. But my scores weren't great. Do you think it'll still be a good idea to send the scores to good colleges.
    My school doesn't offer AP classes( though some of the material may be simillar in Chem)
    Calculus BC-3(3)
    Chemistry-3
    Physics C(Mech)-4
    Eng Lang and composition-3
    · Reply · Share
  • silverturtlesilverturtle 12415 replies81 threads Senior Member
    Hey I had a question about the AP exams. I am an international, and I took 4 of them. But my scores weren't great. Do you think it'll still be a good idea to send the scores to good colleges.
    My school doesn't offer AP classes( though some of the material may be simillar in Chem)
    Calculus BC-3(3)
    Chemistry-3
    Physics C(Mech)-4
    Eng Lang and composition-3

I always recommend sending all your 4's and 5's. 3's are more difficult to decide on; but in your case (i.e., self-studying for them), sending the 3's seems like the best idea.
    · Reply · Share
  • DancinggBearDancinggBear 552 replies93 threads Member
    very good read.
    · Reply · Share
  • LightSourceLightSource 694 replies51 threads- Member
    Here is the guide in PDF form.
    Thank you Harambee!
    · Reply · Share
  • Vertigo220hVertigo220h 815 replies99 threads Member
    This is the most comprehensive, helpful, and to-the-point guide that I've ever thumbed through. You're a great asset to the CC community; this will help other, future SAT-takers enormously.
    · Reply · Share
  • ZosiloZosilo 179 replies9 threads Junior Member
    thank you harambee =D
    · Reply · Share
  • nne718nne718 1134 replies12 threads Senior Member
    Cool. I'll check it out.
    · Reply · Share
  • SATnoobSATnoob 131 replies21 threads Junior Member
    Thanks alot silverturtle! I will tell you my SAT results after reading your guide and applying them to practice tests. And can you be honest for my question? Is it possible to go from 1510 to a 1800+ within 4months on studying? I scored a 1510 because I was rushing through every question. When I took the QAS at home untimed I only missed 2 writing questions! Surprising!!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity