Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How many SAT II's to take?

ajeck513ajeck513 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
I currently have 800's in 2 SAT II's. One is in science, one is in math. I know that a few colleges require a third SAT II, but I am currently thinking about taking up to 3 more in May following AP exams. Is it worth it to take these additional tests. I feel like if I don't get 800s on these tests, I won't be able to submit them (to colleges like HYPSM, etc.). Should I take 3 more tests, or is it just not worth it if I'm aiming to get 800s of all of them?

I also noted that on various admissions websites, it was stated that any additional scores would be taken into consideration, but that only the highest 2 scores are required.
Post edited by ajeck513 on

Replies to: How many SAT II's to take?

• ajeck513ajeck513 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    bump
    Any replies from anyone knowledgeable appreciated!
  • ajeck513ajeck513 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    Also, I took the practice questions on the SAT II website for US history (15 questions) and Chem (like 20+ questions) and I got all of them right. I'm a little more confident in my ability to get 800s, but is it still worth it to try?
  • smwhtslghtlydzedsmwhtslghtlydzed Registered User Posts: 1,556 Senior Member
    it's really unnecessary to take 5 subject tests...i honestly don't think it's worth your time, especially if you feel confident on all of them- just take one more, since very few schools even request 3 (someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think any colleges require 3 any more), so if you get something like a 770 that's a fine score to send to the schools that want 3. your plan sounds fine, but it's more than needed- you should just chill :)
  • samsarah424samsarah424 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Three is enough, maybe four...i dont think that taking five will really impress adcoms
This discussion has been closed.