Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT Math 2

agalagalagaagalagalaga Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
I'm a freshman in high school and i got a 790 in the math 2 subject test. Should I retake it?
Post edited by agalagalaga on

Replies to: SAT Math 2

• tjtw109125tjtw109125 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    It's your choice, really, although personally I would retake it. I haven't taken Math 2 yet, but I plan on doing so in March or June; from what I've heard, the curve is supposed to be really generous. 790 is still a great score though!
  • mathrommathrom Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    Is it possible to score better on the Math II test than the Math I test? I took Math I and I got a 760 although I got an 800 on the SAT Math section. I'm generally really good at math, but if I got a 760 on Math I, is it impossible for me to get a 790 or 800 on the Math II?
  • SATnotACTSATnotACT Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    I would retake it since you are only a freshman and will likely improve. You are only about 1 question away from 800.

It's very likely one can get a higher scale score on math II than math I because of the curve difference. Why the curve is so generous on the math II I do not know. If you are good at math and know math stuff you should get 800 on math II. For us math people, making 800's on SAT math and math I is more a matter of not making dumb mistakes.
This discussion has been closed.