These are some questions I didn't understand from my practice test. I know it is a lot but I was hoping some could help me explain some of them to me. I think this is also good practice for anyone else who might be taking the Math II subject test soon.
12. The set of points (x,y,z) such that x² + y² + z² = 1 is
B) a point
C) a sphere
D) a circle
E) a plane
18. What is the sum of the infinite geometric series
(1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + ...)?
36. The only prime factors of a number n are 2,5,7, and 17. Which of the following could NOT be a factor of n?
38) If f(x) = 5√(2x), what is the value of f-1 (10)? (the -1 is above the f)
39) The Fibonacci sequence can be defined recursively as
a1 = 1
a2 = 1
an = an-1 + an-2 for n>3.
What is the 10th term of this sequence?
42) The set of all real numbers x such that √(x²) = -x consists of
A) zero only
B) nonpositive real numbers only
C) positive real numbers only
D) all real numbers
E) no real numbers
45) If log a 3 = x and log a 5 = y, then log a 45 =
B) x² + y
D) x + y
E) 9x + y