Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

So I am scheduled to take Math II Sunday...

alexissssalexissss Registered User Posts: 2,177 Senior Member
...but I suck at math and I haven't had time to prepare. I took a practice test today from Barron's and only got a 580. T_T I'm also taking Bio and World History (easy for me). Shall I simply take these two and ignore Math II, or will the Ivies I'm applying to think I'm stupid or something?
Haaaaallllpppp. :'(
Post edited by alexissss on

Replies to: So I am scheduled to take Math II Sunday...

• saminator910saminator910 Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    Still take math II, for barrons the tests are extremely difficult. a 580 will probably equate to a 680 minimum, if you're lucky 700+
  • alexissssalexissss Registered User Posts: 2,177 Senior Member
    Is it possible to cancel Math II if I don't feel as if I did well or at least not send it? I know that Ivies (especially H, my number one) prefer subject test scores of 750+, 700 as the bare minimum. :\
    Bump.
    Any suggestions? Can I cancel Math II if I don't feel I did well?
  • theroyalgoyaltheroyalgoyal Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Canceling math II means canceling all of your other scores.
    Wow. That truly sucks, lol. I can always not take it, right?
  • Rob1995Rob1995 Registered User Posts: 938 Member
    Well, you can cancel your score for Math I or Math II individually if and ONLY if your calculator malfunctions or runs out of batteries and you report it to the proctor as soon as it happens.

You can't cancel an individual test without invalidating all of the scores that day, but I believe you can change the subject that you are taking. You should be able to swap out your Math II with either Math I or even a completely different subject like Literature for example. You don't have to take the test that you signed up for ... you can choose a different one on test day.
  • SpaceDuckSpaceDuck Registered User Posts: 527 Member
    I don't believe you have to take it. Some girl in my room had the same question/problem today.
  • purmoupurmou Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    I mean, a lot of the answers have been posted here anyways...
    @rob
    Thanks for the info! I may not take it tomorrow, lol.

@purmo
    Yeah, but I think the test given tomorrow differs from the one administered today...
This discussion has been closed.