right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Will bad SAT subject tests hurt you? (for UC's)

warlands719warlands719 484 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 499 Member
Kind of a dumb question, but :

Do bad SAT subject tests hurt you? (Specifically for UC's)
I applied for the UC's and they don't require them, but if I took them and I did bad on them, will they count against me? Or will they "ignore" it as neutral?
edited December 2012
7 replies
Post edited by warlands719 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will bad SAT subject tests hurt you? (for UC's)

• SpaceDuckSpaceDuck 515 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 527 Member
    If you do well, they probably won't use them. They'll use the scores that put you in the best light.
    · Reply · Share
  • ArapatArapat 32 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    ^will I be allowed to use Score Choice for these sat subjects? I mean, they're not even required!
    · Reply · Share
  • Aquawater98Aquawater98 518 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 524 Member
    Yes. You can use score choice for all of the UCs. Btw, you only need to send your selected scores to one UC, and all of the UCs will receive them.
    · Reply · Share
  • ArapatArapat 32 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Wow, thanks Aquawater. some ppl hve been saying that i need to send all subject tests, but only the highest are considered. If this is true, then why should I even send everything?? I really don't want to waste money on sending additional score reports.

Is that policy confirmed, Aquawater?
    · Reply · Share
  • spaghettimansterspaghettimanster 8 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @Arapat
    It only costs 11 dollars to send ALL scores. I believe it costs additionally to WITHHOLD scores being sent to colleges.
    · Reply · Share
  • Aquawater98Aquawater98 518 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 524 Member
    Yes, CB let me choose my scores when I sent them to UCs.
    · Reply · Share
  • NatalionNatalion 195 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    It depends on what "doing bad" means to you. If you get a 680, it probably will neither help nor hurt you. A 520 would most likely somewhat hurt you.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity