Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT Subject Test Scores Good Enough For Ivies?

collegebound465collegebound465 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
Hey everybody! I got my subject test scores back, and they are decent but not as good as I hoped. However, I didn't sleep the previous night due to bronchitis so overall I am pleased that they turned out how they did :)
780 - M2 740 - Physics 750 - US History
I was wondering if you all could provide insight into whether these scores will hurt my chances at some of the top schools, such as Princeton, Yale, MIT, and Caltech? I plan to retake physics, but I need to know if I should retake the others as well. Additionally, what score would be deemed acceptable for physics at those top schools? I self-taught the material and I plan to major in physics, so that score holds extra weight. I got a 36 on the ACT and a 2290 on the SAT (800 math) as well if that makes a difference with the Math 2 and Physics scores. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!
Post edited by collegebound465 on

Replies to: SAT Subject Test Scores Good Enough For Ivies?

This discussion has been closed.