Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT 2 Chemistry - Please help

lhw1998lhw1998 Registered User Posts: 483 Member
Hey! I'm taking the SAT 2 Chemistry test this Saturday and I need a bit of advice.
I took the AP Chemistry exam back in May and scored a 5 on it. I've been reviewing about an hour every two weeks since then so that I don't forget anything and I feel pretty confident going into this test.
I took a released SAT 2 exam from like 1980 something and scored a 770, which I'm very happy about! I then decided to go out and purchase the Barron's review book and take a few practice quizzes. I realized that there were some questions that I had absolutely NO idea how to answer from the Barron's. For instance, how was I supposed to know that Coke is produced from bituminous coal?? I don't even know what bituminous coal is!!!
I guess what I'm asking is how much memorization do I need to do for this test? I understand pretty much all of the skills that will be tested but I haven't memorized a bunch of pointless little details like how soft drinks are made.
Post edited by skieurope on
This discussion has been closed.