Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT II Math Level 2 - how did you study for it?

2»

Replies to: SAT II Math Level 2 - how did you study for it?

• VickiSoCalVickiSoCal Registered User Posts: 3,362 Senior Member
    My kid did no prep and took it in Dec of the year she was in Calc AB and got a 790. Probably would have hit 800 with some prep but with OP also taking it in fall while in AB I would not sweat the prep too much.
  • RichInPittRichInPitt Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    edited May 16
    That’s effectively 3 months after the end of Precalc, I assume, so not that far out. End of course is typically the best time to take it, but sometimes there are conflicts. Mine took it in May and was one of two students taking them, as opposed to the dozens who will be there in June

(fwiw, OP is actually taking it at the end of the AB year, not the fall)
  • Darcy123Darcy123 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    My daughter took it in May after Calc BC as a sophomore and regretted not studying at all. She scored a 730ish and will be retaking. It wasn't that she had forgotten the middle school material as much as it took her a bit more time to remember and then she ended up time crunched, which isn't typically a problem for her. I'd definitely recommend anyone taking a year after Pre-Calc to prep a bit just to refresh your memory.
    @RichInPitt actually it was in Dec of Junior year, a year and half after finishing precalc in freshman year.
  • RichInPittRichInPitt Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    Out of the ordinary, but it happens. Regardless, taking a test at the end of the year when you studied the material is still what I recommend.
  • nikom814nikom814 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    I am taking the Math II in June. I am currently scoring around a 740 on the Barrons practice tests. Is that sufficient to get an 800 on the real test or do I need to bring it up to 760?
    How many problems are you missing on Barron's? Are you finishing or are you running out of time?
  • nikom814nikom814 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    @VickiSoCal I am finishing the test on time, but I am missing around 10 questions per test.
    Then focus on what you missed and why. You need to miss 5 or less to get an 800
  • pkutshnusntupkutshnusntu Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    If the graph of is perpendicular to the graph of ax + 3y + 2= 0, then a =
    (A) – 4.5
    (B) –2.22
    (C) –1.35
    (D) 0.45
    (E) 1.35

However i try, i found the answer to be E, but the answer of Barron is C, anyone could verify?
    You have not given the whole problem.