right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

When to Take Subject Tests

dadof4kidsdadof4kids 1289 replies97 threads Senior Member
Is there any reason to wait to take as a junior? D21 will finish precalc in December, so it seems like it makes more sense to take math II this spring while the material is still fresh. Will colleges care that she took it as a soph instead of more recently? Or that she had one test from spring 2019 and the second wasn't until summer 2020?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When to Take Subject Tests

• ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 4184 replies92 threads Senior Member
    The time to take Math II is right near or at the end of Pre-Calc. I don’t think colleges care when you take it, as long as there is a score available when you apply.
    · Reply · Share
  • dadof4kidsdadof4kids 1289 replies97 threads Senior Member
    That was what I thought, I just wanted some confirmation. Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
  • 4gsmom4gsmom 868 replies29 threads Member
    My daughters have all taken them right after the classes; no point in waiting until Junior year and then having to refresh the information.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 42310 replies8428 threads Super Moderator
    Will colleges care that she took it as a soph instead of more recently? Or that she had one test from spring 2019 and the second wasn't until summer 2020?
    No to both questions. She should take them when she is prepared, regardless of grade. From personal experience, all my Subject Tests were taken prior to junior year. No issues for colleges.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity