right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

When to take SAT Math 2?

briannaabriannaa 9 replies5 threads New Member
So I'm going to be a junior this year and I'm going to take Algebra 2. Would it be smart to take the SAT Math 2 subject test after completing algebra 2 or do you need to know precalculus to do well?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When to take SAT Math 2?

• briannaabriannaa 9 replies5 threads New Member
    By the way, the reason I really want to take it is because I'm applying as a biology major to the ucs, which recommend Math Level 2 and a science closely related to the major.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 42310 replies8428 threads Super Moderator
    If your Algebra 2 course includes Trig, you might be OK to take in May/June. If Trig is part of pre-calc at your school, you're better off taking the Subject Test next year.
    the ucs, which recommend Math Level 2 and a science closely related to the major.
    I'm not the UC expert, but I believe that Math 2 is only "recommended" for engineering and some other majors, but AFAIK, not biology.
    · Reply · Share
  • briannaabriannaa 9 replies5 threads New Member
    My Alg 2 course teaches trig, along with laws of sines, cosines, etc
    · Reply · Share
  • lemonlululemonlulu 242 replies5 threads Junior Member
    get a Barron Math Subject test book, if your Algebra 2 covers 16/22 chapters (not all 22 chapters will be found in one seating test) , you can make up the 6 chapters on your own. If your Algebra 2 only cover about 12 chapters, you may need algebra 3 or preCal
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity