right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Language Subject Test for Non-Native Speaker

RK2901RK2901 4 replies5 threads New Member
Although I'm not a native Spanish speaker, I've taken Spanish since 6th grade and was in AP Spanish last year. I'm taking the Spanish (regular without listening) very soon, but I was wondering: what would a good score for a non-native speaker be? Or do colleges even take that into account?

Thanks.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Language Subject Test for Non-Native Speaker

• skieuropeskieurope 42310 replies8428 threads Super Moderator
    A "good score" depends upon the colleges you are targeting. There is no expectation that a Spanish score be higher or lower than any other Subject Test.
    do colleges even take that into account?
    Colleges that recommend Subject Tests generally recommend that native/heritage speakers not submit that as a subject. For non-native speakers, you'll be judged on the score. No college, AFAIK, takes percentiles into account, and most language tests have low percentiles since, despite what I said earlier, many native speakers take it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity