right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

SAT Subject Test

arcanine384arcanine384 23 replies27 threads Junior Member
Hey,

I am currently a junior in High School -- I will be taking some SAT Subject test this summer, specifically, Biology M, U.S. History. What materials are covered on the SAT Biology M, and the U.S. History. Are both test basically about memorization?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: SAT Subject Test

• RichInPittRichInPitt 2239 replies36 threads Senior Member
    The SAT Subject Test Guide from College Board lists the type of material, distribution of questions, and has sample questions for each test.

"The Official SAT Subject Test in U.S. History Study Guide". p[published by the College Board, is a complete book describing the US History Subject Test, with four actual tests to practice.

Same with "The Official SAT Subject Test in Biology Study Guide"

Barron's and others also have SAT Subject Test books.

You'll get a lot more from those than a paragraph or two from anyone here.
    · Reply · Share
  • MoonKnightMoonKnight 377 replies9 threads Member
    I'm not sure about Biology but US History is mainly memorization. Buying a book for the SAT subject tests will help you know about the materials covered.
    · Reply · Share
  • melvin123melvin123 1853 replies32 threads Senior Member
    My kid said the US History SAT 2 was very different from the AP. Not in depth. Almost like a trivia contest with lots of small facts. And it was a joke in our family that you need to know who James Fennimore Cooper is.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity