Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Recommendation on which tests to take for Music/Psychology

JuvenilemeJuvenileme Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello there, I'm a prospective undergrad student who's set his sights on studying music/psychology.

I was wondering which SAT subject tests would be the most beneficial to such an application?

I took predominantly science-related subjects while in High School, so currently I've signed up for Math 2 and Physics, as those are my strongest subjects. However, I'm aware that these subjects have little relation to what I plan to do in the future, which I worry will not mesh well with the rest of my application (although I can't do most of the other subjects anyway, so this point is somewhat moot).

What's the best option for someone whose desired major(s) have no direct counterparts in the SAT subject list?

Replies to: Recommendation on which tests to take for Music/Psychology

  • RichInPittRichInPitt Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    edited May 24
    Do the schools you are looking at require Subject Tests? Outside of top schools/STEM-focused schools, not many do.

    From what I've seen, most that do either don't care which you take, ask for a Math and any second test, or ask for a Math and a science. So Math 2 and Physics cover all of those bases. They may be out there, but I haven't seen any school that requires Subject Tests and says to be sure they aren't math/science.

    If you major isn't aligned with them, and the schools don't require them, there's really no reason to take them.
Sign In or Register to comment.