right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SAT Biology Ecology or Molecular for AP Bio student?

billybassbillybass 6 replies3 threads New Member
Hello, I am wondering if SAT Bio E or M is better for an AP Bio student. My school has a very rigorous AP Bio course, but I'm doing well in it right now. Does the AP Bio curriculum support the E or the M section of SAT Bio more? I'm not sure which to take or if I should take both even. I scored 720 on SAT Chemistry but I'd like to score 750 or higher on the Bio one.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: SAT Biology Ecology or Molecular for AP Bio student?

• skieuropeskieurope 39595 replies7185 threads Super Moderator
    Does the AP Bio curriculum support the E or the M section of SAT Bio more?
    Neither. AP Bio is a college-level class. The Subject Test is gen knowledge of HS bio. AP Bio will cover both E and M, but which Subject Test is better for you is a personal preference. Take practice tests in both to see which you'd score higher on.
    · Reply · Share
  • billybassbillybass 6 replies3 threads New Member
    thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • donthurrymedonthurryme 2 replies0 threads New Member
    i would say also consider the type of course you want to do in college - Biology E focuses more on ecosystems, energy, and ecology. Students more interested in studying art or geography-related subjects at college typically take Biology E.
    Biology M focuses more on cellular processes, cellular structures, and biochemistry. Students more interested in studying science or engineering subjects at college typically take Biology M.
    · Reply · Share
  • HamurtleHamurtle 2604 replies33 threads Senior Member
    The first 15-20 questions for Bio E and Bio M are going to be common to both exams. After that you answer the questions specific to either E or M depending on the option.

I think both E and M are in the same exam booklet, IIRC what my son told me.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunnyBlueBunnyBlue 845 replies8 threads Member
    If you look at this chart, you can see that it is easier to get a higher score on the Molecular Biology test.

https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/sat/pdf/sat-subject-tests-percentile-ranks.pdf

But I would follow the advice above, such as taking practice tests to see which one you are better at, and thinking about how each will relate to your college major.
    · Reply · Share