right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Which one to take for engineering?

samosa30samosa30 4 replies2 threads New Member
I have taken honors chemistry in my sophomore year and AP Biology in my junior year. Does the science subject test have to be related to my major I apply for? I'm thinking about electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science. I've taken biology more recently than chem so which one would you recommend?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Which one to take for engineering?

• RichInPittRichInPitt 2450 replies40 threads Senior Member
    Most engineering school recommend “a science”, a couple specific Physics or Chemistry and I think I remember one preferred Physics.

If you’re better prepared for Bio, a higher score there would be better than a lower score in Chem.
    · Reply · Share
  • samosa30samosa30 4 replies2 threads New Member
    edited July 8
    The UC's and other universities recommend that I take a subject test relevant to my intended major. For electrical, computer engineering, and computer science is biology a bit of a stretch? I think I'm a little better prepared for bio since I just took the class.
    edited July 8
    · Reply · Share