right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Which SAT Subject Tests should I take?

wannagopopwannagopop 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hey! What are the best SAT Subject Tests to take if I want to do a CS major in really selective schools.

The ones i researched say that they require only 2 subject SATS. Should doing Math Level II and Physics be enough, or should I put in Chemistry into the mix to so i could stand out than the rest who do only 2 subject SATS?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Which SAT Subject Tests should I take?

• skieuropeskieurope 41997 replies8226 threads Super Moderator
    If and when schools go back to recommending Subject Tests, M2 and Physics is fine. Taking 3 to get 2 strong scores is fine, but sending 3 vs 2 will not improve chances.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 3013 replies48 threads Senior Member
    More than “only 2“ subjects tests won’t do much, if anything. Schools that recommend them typically recommend 2.

Physics is fine. Most technology programs say math and a science, a handful say math and either Chem or Physics and I’ve seen one that says (iirc) “preferably Physics” for engineering majors. Math 2 is better than Math 1.
    · Reply · Share