Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Commonly Asked Questions Re: SATII

Replies to: Commonly Asked Questions Re: SATII

• stueyduestueydue Registered User Posts: 799 Member
    I know on here it says that october scores or fine for ED/EA, but for Regular Decision: when is the last time you are able to test with getting your scores in on time (without having to 'rush report' them)??
  • CDN_dancerCDN_dancer Registered User Posts: 2,579 Senior Member
    What's the last test day that will have scores accepted for Regular Decision consideration?
    December will be accepted everywhere (I have yet to see a place that doesn't accept December)

Some schools will also take January scores, if the tests are being retaken (i.e. You cannot write the SATI or SATII for the first time in January)
    What happens if I miss the test? (If I don't go at all on test day)
    Nothing will show up on your score report. If you wish to write on a later day, you can call the Collegeboard and transfer your registration.

See If You're Absent for more details.
  • monkeyaonemonkeyaone Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    If you took an extra test but did not sign any type of form are they going to still credit you with that test and just bill you accordingly?
    If you took an extra test but did not sign any type of form are they going to still credit you with that test and just bill you accordingly?
    As far as I know, yes. Haven't heard of anyone having any issues with it.
    I don't think I did very well. Can I cancel my scores?
    You have until the first Wednesday after you write the test to request your scores be cancelled. Keep in mind though, that all your scores from that test day will be cancelled. If you wrote Bio, Chem, and Physics, you cannot just cancel Physics; all 3 are cancelled.

The only exception to this rule is for equipment failure, either a calculator (Math I and II) or a CD player (Language with Listening) If your equipment fails, then speak to your proctor immediately during the test; he/she will give you a form to fill out, and only the test affected by the equipment failure will be cancelled.

SAT Canceling Scores
  • az1698az1698 Registered User Posts: 1,900 Senior Member
    Can you pay to get your score early? cause the pr books says you can...
    Can you pay to get your score early?
    Never heard of that option, and I'm sure it would be popping up here if that were the case (see all the threads of people itching to get their scores) Haven't seen anything to suggest that on the CB website.
  • agentunderfire38agentunderfire38 Registered User Posts: 499 Member
    @ az:

Are you looking at a AP book or an SAT book? You can't pay to get an SAT or SAT II score early. But, for AP scores you can call in at the end of June/beginning of July to get your scores early for a small fee.
  • az1698az1698 Registered User Posts: 1,900 Senior Member
    I have the sat II chem book, and it says you can pay extra to get your scores 8 days early. The thing is, I have never heard that before either...
  • ChedvaChedva Super Moderator Posts: 30,338 Super Moderator
    According to College Board:
    Scores by Phone
    Scores by Phone are released according to the same schedule as Scores by Web.

To get your score by telephone, call Customer Service on or after the dates listed above, during standard business hours. This service does not send scores to colleges any earlier.

Your official printed score report will be mailed to you, your high school, and to colleges and scholarship programs designated on your registration several weeks after the test.

Fee
    There is an additional fee for this service. A credit card is required (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
    This is where the additional fee comes in, but you don't get the scores earlier.
  • ivyleague104ivyleague104 Registered User Posts: 698 Member
    what really is the main purpose for the SAT II? is it used for placement, or comparing grade systems of different high schools?
  • agentunderfire38agentunderfire38 Registered User Posts: 499 Member
    The main purpose is for college admissions. Most colleges need two, some select ones need three.
  • mc1600mc1600 Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    if you are taking a language test on the november date, does it have to be listening or can it be regular?
    if you are taking a language test on the november date, does it have to be listening or can it be regular?
    You should be able to do just the reading test, as the "Language" test and "Language with Listening" test are considered 2 separate tests, from what I'm reading on the CB website.
This discussion has been closed.