right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Math 2 C HELP :]

suhhyunsuhhyun 18 replies7 threads New Member
So during junior year I learned practically nothing because the teacher was just horrible and went through Algebra 2 concepts throughout the year. But I still have to take Math 2 C because it's required for many colleges.

So are there any good review books for me to study during the summer for above 700?
A lot of people are saying princeton and barrons are good but which one is better for the student that hasn't learned anything during the year?

THANK YOU! ^^
edited June 2010
5 replies
Post edited by suhhyun on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Math 2 C HELP :]

• lidushalidusha 1253 replies20 threads Senior Member
    I used Barron's and got an 800, but you might also want to consider College Board's official prep book for SAT2 math 1 and 2.
    · Reply · Share
  • StallerStaller 310 replies33 threads Member
    I used PR and got an 800. Skimmed the thing the night before. Don't worry too much. Get a good book and look it over.
    · Reply · Share
  • benhparkbenhpark - 681 replies64 threads Member
    For Math IIC, you are kind of obliged to get an 780-800, due to the super-lenient curve.
    Barron's teaches you well, but do not use the practice tests!
    · Reply · Share
  • swimstarswimstar 371 replies9 threads Member
    Barron's overprepares you. If you need to learn the material itself first, then I recommend starting with PR; the book gives a good -- albeit cursory -- review of the key concepts covered on the actual test. Also, regarding the Barron's tests -- while they're unrealistically difficult, they do give you good practice so that on exam day the test seems much more manageable.
    · Reply · Share
  • SpatulaSpatula 495 replies7 threads Member
    Just use Barron's and the official practice test. That's enough for an 800.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity