right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Princeton's SATII Requirements

Jamezz93Jamezz93 185 replies18 threads Junior Member
Does anyone know definitely whether Princeton requires 2 or 3 SATII scores? I've read various pieces of literature from Princeton and Collegeboard that indicate differently. Some say they require at least 2, some say they require at least 3.

Can anyone verify which it is? Thanks so much.
edited July 2010
14 replies
Post edited by Jamezz93 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Princeton's SATII Requirements

• ksarmandksarmand 2725 replies18 threads Senior Member
    Where did you find anything from Princeton indicating three SAT II exams? It's two for every school in the nation* except for Georgetown, which requires three.

*That is the maximum amount of required exams.
    · Reply · Share
  • silverturtlesilverturtle 12415 replies81 threads Senior Member
    Where did you find anything from Princeton indicating three SAT II exams?

They used to.
    · Reply · Share
  • jerrry4445jerrry4445 2714 replies27 threads Senior Member
    Princeton University | Standardized Testing
    All applicants must also take two SAT Subject Tests.
    · Reply · Share
    ^^I'm aware of that. However, their current website clearly states that only 2 are required.
    · Reply · Share
    ksarmand,

Some Web sites still list three as the requirement:
    A handful of the most competitive schools, such as Harvard University and Princeton University, still require three Subject tests in addition to the three sections of the SAT.

SAT Subject Tests
    Many competitive colleges and universities in the United States (e.g., Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Yale, Princeton) recommend or require students to take three SAT Subject Tests

SAT Subject Tests
    · Reply · Share
    ^I would not even think about considering the first website if it contradicted directly with the school's. The second is similarly questionable.

OP, in your college search, always check and (usually) trust the university's website, not outside sources, when it comes to required information and exams.
    · Reply · Share
    OP, in your college search, always check and (usually) trust the university's website, not outside sources, when it comes to required information and exams.

Yes, this is good advice.
    · Reply · Share
  • lidushalidusha 1253 replies20 threads Senior Member
    You might have more luck with this on the Princeton forum, but if I were you (and I couldn't find a definite answer on their web site or other published materials) I'd call Princeton and ask an admissions officer--they're actually very friendly.
    · Reply · Share
  • Jamezz93Jamezz93 185 replies18 threads Junior Member
    The sites silverturtle pointed out are among the many; however, the Princeton site is also misleading.

Undergraduate Admission - A Princeton Profile

The bottom chart outlines the middle 50% of SATII scores, stating that the numbers are based on the top 3 scores of each student, which I found hard to believe if students were only required to submit 2 scores each.
    · Reply · Share
    You might have more luck with this on the Princeton forum, but if I were you (and I couldn't find a definite answer on their web site or other published materials) I'd call Princeton and ask an admissions officer--they're actually very friendly.

What are you talking about?
    · Reply · Share
    What I meant was that you seemed to not realize that the issue had been settled in the first response in this thread.
    · Reply · Share
  • lidushalidusha 1253 replies20 threads Senior Member
    Are you mad at me? :p
    · Reply · Share
  • fignewtonfignewton 1405 replies9 threads Senior Member
    The Internet can hold on to outdated and possibly incorrect information for a long time, including even the web site of the school in question. ksarmand's advice is good: contact the source if you are unsure.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity