right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Path to Forensics

Dawg619Dawg619 99 replies16 threads Junior Member
I am currently a first year Molecular Biology major, and maybe minoring in Spanish Lit. I would like to get into the field of forensic science as a criminalist for a police department.

Is molecular biology or chemistry a more suitable major for my intended field?

I already passed all of the begining spanish linguistic and a literature class towards a spanish minor through AP credit. Also, I know spanish enough to communicate well and hold a conversation, but I don't know words like "test tube" (common science terms) in spanish. Would getting a minor in spanish help me at all with getting a job as a criminalist? ( I live and hope to get employed in Southern California, if that makes a difference)
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity