Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Best way to study for AP Chem tests?

ScozzarScozzar Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
I failed my first test..hard (44% if you're wondering). It's not that its difficult, it's just that the problem we get on the test seem totally different to me than the ones on the homework. I can do simple equations no problem, but its when you have to use two or three different equations for one problem, I end up tripping over myself and I just go blank...I know that for AP Sciences, the best way to study is to do practice problems. I did this for AP Bio last year and it helped. (Went from typical D to B's on tests. I got a 4 on the exam!)
Anyway, I seem to have trouble finding practice problems that prepare me well with the tests, because just doing the homework isn't cutting it. I read the book, go in during lunch for extra help when needed, and watch videos online to help me understand the concepts. I bought Barron's book because of its thoroughness. But its just too big. I thought about getting PR or 5 steps to a five...
This discussion has been closed.