Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Is it better to have an A in a regular class or a low B in a AP class?

Chrisalee15Chrisalee15 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited November 2011 in Sciences
I don't know if I should switch from one my AP classes to a regular class? Help?
Post edited by Chrisalee15 on

Replies to: Is it better to have an A in a regular class or a low B in a AP class?

• RaamzicRaamzic Registered User Posts: 208 Junior Member
    Well first off, I would first identify why you have the B in your AP class like if its just too many AP classes, to little time to devote to the class for sports or something, or if its just hard in general. In my opinion, is the quality of the AP class good like is your teacher good at preparing for the AP test or college. I would look at it in a long term perspective, and a low B isn't necessarily bad, it shows that you are challenging yourself. If you need help raising it, I'm sure your teacher could help you. Good Luck!
  • div301div301 Registered User Posts: 761 Member
    Does your school have Regular level, honors level and AP level?

Just ask yourself that. in any regular class in my high school if you were gone for 3 days you wouldn't miss much. However in an AP class that would be suicide lol.
  • aldfig0aldfig0 Registered User Posts: 932 Member
    B in AP class.
  • idonteatsushiidonteatsushi Registered User Posts: 149 Junior Member
    Can I tweak this question a bit, what about a C+ in AP class?
  • theking101theking101 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    An A in the AP Class is ideal. Try forming study groups with friends/classmates and ask your teachers for help. I'm sure you can do it! I don't advise taking the "easy A" in the regular class... you'll more than likely feel bored there. Also, it's more satisfying to see that "A" on your report card after a semester of hard work (...at least that's what I tell myself with 11 AP English Language and Composition :-P )
  • mankiwmankiw Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    top private colleges = AP B
    Rest = R A
  • ClassOf2015HSClassOf2015HS Registered User Posts: 2,060 Senior Member
    low B in AP Class
    I guess you should always try to go for an A in the AP Class
  • milerunner400milerunner400 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Whatever you do, never get a C, no matter how hard the class.
This discussion has been closed.