Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***OFFICIAL AP Environmental Science 2015 Thread***

Replies to: ***OFFICIAL AP Environmental Science 2015 Thread***

• zawadsckizawadscki Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Using REA crash course...pretty good review. Hoping for a 4 because my teacher does not "teach to the test." If I don''t get that then I always have the AP USH Test coming up and the SAT Subject Test I took earlier this weekend.
  • sjwon3789sjwon3789 Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    I was trying to use this strategy - http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sciences/1337145-how-to-study-self-study-for-ap-environmental-science-apes.html

Seems like PR is taking forever regardless.... Maybe it'll take 10 hours in total....
    Trying to finish it today ._. Hopefully I'm good because I know half of these contents from biology... Stupid regulations / Acts though :P
  • icequeenforevericequeenforever Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    Studying for the AP Calculus AB exam with the AP Environmental exam tomorrow. #priorities
    But in all seriousness, how can I relearn the entire course in less than five hours? :)
  • airspiritairspirit Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    All these freakin' laws are a pain
    @icequeenforever For AB or ES? If ES, skim through your prep book and look for specific terms or concepts that you had trouble remembering and study those. For AB, GL :/// I would advise just to learn all the formulas and learn the specific FRQ that tend to repeat each year. Then, do practice problems or work on specific concepts.
    @sjwon3789 I meant ES, but thanks for the AB tips too! Okay, I'm going to finish up studying for AB and be back on this thread at around six. *poofs*
    Is it true the curve is that you only need 105/150? That's what PR says, where each MC is 0.9 and the FR is 1.5 each.
  • PinkMistPinkMist Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey guys.. This is really embarrassing so I'm just gonna say it and hope that someone can come up with a good and helpful response.. I'm currently cramming for APES but the thing is I'm not even in the course and I'm just starting to cram from PR, like literally just started 20 minutes ago. I'm a junior and haven't taken AP bio or chem yet (next year) so.. Should I still put my effort into this cram session or honestly just bs this exam and cancel my scores.. I need to get a 4 or a 5 and if in my situation right now it's unrealistic, I would love it if one of you could tell me. :)
    @PinkMist Unless you got anything going on tomorrow, I'd say go for it! I literally started studying today and I'm a REALLY slow reader. I should've skimmed through some of it but I zoned out in specific areas but I spent around 6 hours to get through half of this material. I hear other people saying it took 6 hours to get through the whole thing.

It really depends on how efficiently you think you can do this but I think it is realistic for some people (not me though, but even if I were in that scenario, I would go for it).
  • NectarInASieveNectarInASieve Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    @PinkMist I would study the biogeochemical cycles! If you know all about the carbon cycle, water cycle, nitrogen cycle and how humans (AND ENERGY USAGE) alter it, you will at least get a 3.
    @PinkMist if you know only one environmental law, know the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) b/c if you're asked to apply a law on the FRQ, this one literally applies to every environmental situation. Skim through graphs of the different pieces of energy creating things like nuclear power plants and coal burning plants and yada yada. My AP teacher made a 16 page cram list of everything that you need to know to pass if you want it! Pm me if you do!
    I just got a 5 on the 1998 released AP exam! (130/150)
    Do we have to know ALL of the legislation + international agreements? There's way too many! I'm using PR.
This discussion has been closed.