As a now accepted student to Scripps, I have some random student life questions that I am wondering about! If you're a current Scripps student, PLEASE don't feel the need to answer all of these; maybe just pick a few? I don't want you sitting here for hours. These are just my curiosity (and extreme excitement) kicking in.
1. Part of my scholarship is a work study program. Does anyone familiar with the program know what options will I have for completing this?
2. The packing list says not to bring "decorative lighting." Could anyone explain that? What exactly does that mean? I understand the no halogen lighting request, but this one confuses me.
3. As for rules, is there a dress code? What rules are there as to guests in the dorms, male or female?
4. What would be a typical course schedule? Can AM/PM classes be specifically chosen, and how do you choose your CORE courses?
5. As for having a car, would you say that it is beneficial, or not worth the hassle?
6. How much do the CCs really mix, both socially and in terms of classes? Is it just as easy to take a class at, say, Pomona, as it is at Scripps? I imagine that most spots would be given to students on that actual campus.
7. What is tea like? Is it your favorite tradition, or there something else that you love?
8. What is your favorite place on campus? :)
Thanks for your time! Please don't feel obligated to answer all of these; even one would be excellent!