Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ED Round 2

2»

Replies to: ED Round 2

• eberry7eberry7 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Some more stats for you.. although I was accepted ED1
    Weighted GPA: 4.5
    SAT: 2090 ACT:32
    Lots of extracurriculars and community involvement, and I visited the campus twice
    I also did not apply for financial aid
    Hope this helps someone!
  • Pirate70Pirate70 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Thank you and congratulations! My D is hopeful but getting discouraged when she looks at all these outstanding stats. She is 3.7 (3.81 weighted) GPA and below the Scripps average in SAT and ACT scores. Her ec activities are very impressive however (winner of international film award, leader of Queer Straight Alliance Club making it the most popular club at her school this year, several lead roles in shows, youth lobbyist for a chronic disease with notable national recognition, speech and debate club, summer camp counselor and attended one quarter of school overseas. While she toured and visited the Scripps campus two times. she did not interview so that may be against her. Not applying for financial aid. Time will tell....
  • Pirate70Pirate70 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    One more ec: Last summer she went to Africa to teach high school students computer skills.
2»
This discussion has been closed.