Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ED Round 2

amanda813amanda813 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Has anyone heard anything from the admissions office as to when the decisions are going to come out, or what time? Would they still come out even if the admissions office is closed?

Replies to: ED Round 2

• cjcashcjcash Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Last week my daughter emailed with an admissions officer, who said they were still in meetings last week and that she should expect hear Monday or Tuesday. So, soon!!
  • mmbizzle206mmbizzle206 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Does anyone know how we'll be notified? Will there be an email notification or will it be exclusively on the portal?
  • cjcashcjcash Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    This was posted in reply to the same question on the Scripps Admissions FB page: "We will notify ED II candidates in mid-February. All candidates will receive an email at that time directing them to their Applicant Status Page for the decision. Hope that helps!"
  • fghfghnghghnfghfghnghghn Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    im so nervous
  • veganvibesveganvibes Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    who got in!
    I'm accepted! So so so happy. Can't wait for the next four years!
  • rosesaregreenrosesaregreen Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I got in!
  • enchantinglyenchantingly Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    congrats to everyone who got in - see you on campus next year :D being a scrippsie is the best thing ever~
  • Pirate70Pirate70 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    edited February 2015
    Can you please share what your GPA and SAT-ACT scores were? My daughter is applying and while she has a good gpa, she did not score extremely high in the standardized tests. Her extra curriculars are out of this world however. This is her first choice school and your stats will give her an idea of her chances.
  • rosesaregreenrosesaregreen Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @pirate70
    So I got in for ED2:
    My WEIGHTED GPA is 3.55 and my IB predicted score is 35/42
    My SAT score is 1880
    I am pretty far below the average GPA and SAT for Scripps....but I think I got in from great extra curricular activities and I did a Tedx talk at my school, which can be found on youtube and stuff.
    I also didn't apply for financial aid because I thought it might help (even though I'm really not wealthy enough to do this)
    I also interviewed at Scripps and was in constant contact with a admissions counselor.
    Also, I have lived in 4 countries throughout my life, so maybe that helped some.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks, that is helpful!
    I also was admitted ED2!
    My weighted GPA was 3.9, and my ACT is a 35.
    My SAT subject tests were 710 and 790 in Biology M and Literature, respectively.
    I had pretty great extracurriculars, and did apply for financial aid.
    I interviewed at Scripps, didn't feel super great about it, but I don't think it can hurt you that much!
    Great! Hope she gets in as it is a fantastic school. Good luck!
    Any others willing to share their stats? Thanks!
  • enchantinglyenchantingly Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    I think the interviewed acceptance rate is about 80%. I interviewed as well and now I'm a current student. ACT was 35, GPA at graduation around 3.8 but it was lower when I applied.
This discussion has been closed.