Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

**** SCRIPPS COLLEGE 2019 RD Applicants ****

123457»

Replies to: **** SCRIPPS COLLEGE 2019 RD Applicants ****

• tcampatcampa Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    How were you notified of the Scripps trustee scholarship -- online or in the mailed packet? My D got accepted but no merit money and I don't know if I want to pay full fare when she got such good merit money at other great schools.
  • tcampatcampa Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    If you want to see how many people get accepted off the waitlist go to College Board and type in the college in the search box. Then go to the "Applying" tab on the left side of the screen and it will tell you how many got offers last year. For Scripps, last year they offered 683 people waitlists, 277 said yes to the waitlist, and 0 were actually given offers. Some schools don't tell you their waitlist statistics - Pitzer does not tell you. CMC offered 614 ppl a place on the list; 349 said yes, and 38 were given offers. Pomona didn't take anyone from the waitlist. Best advice - don't wait around, say yes to someone who accepted you!
  • marianna221bmarianna221b Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    Accepted with President's Scholarship!! I legit am so ecstatic, Scripps is one of my top choices, just waiting on two more schools to decide :) I'm also shocked they wrote directly on my admission letter and my stats for merit weren't substantially high - 31 ACT 4.2 GPA
  • enchantinglyenchantingly Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    Yes them writing directly on the admission letter is such a wonderful thing. Congrats, @marianna221b and I hope to see you next year :)
123457»
This discussion has been closed.