Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Scripps Scholarships

WordSpinnerWordSpinner Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
edited December 2009 in Scripps College
If you plan to apply to Scripps, it's important to apply early for the JES scholarships (the deadline last year was Nov 1). I had a friend who didn't know about these scholarships until too late to apply.

See, this early deadline puts you in the pool to compete for about 40 half-tuition and a 1 or 2 (I forget) full-ride scholarships at a really insanely fun weekend in the spring where Scripps pays for your air fare and hotel room. I went, and it was a blast, and though I decided not to go--I got the half-tuition scholarship, but Scripps still wasn't affordable--I really liked Scripps and loved getting flown down to SoCal and spending a weekend with a bunch of other high-school seniors. Also, these scholarships are the bulk of the merit aid the school offers. So make sure to apply early!
Post edited by WordSpinner on

Replies to: Scripps Scholarships

This discussion has been closed.