Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please note that there will be maintenance work done at 9:00am ET Friday, June 22nd. While it is very unlikely, this may result in 15 minutes maximum of downtime. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

Simmons Accepted/Rejected of 2015

epizeuxisepizeuxis Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
edited March 2011 in Simmons College
Hey! So I got accepted to Simmons, I see there's no thread. I don't think I'll go... but maybe, you never know (if I don't get accepted anywhere else, it's my super-safety). Just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were on this college!
PS my SAT scores were 2190 SAT II 740 literature 660 M1 and I have a 4.03 GPA
Post edited by epizeuxis on

Replies to: Simmons Accepted/Rejected of 2015

• xnamelessxxnamelessx Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    The Simmons forum doesn't seem to have the most visitors ^^

I got accepted with the Presidential Scholarship (12.000 a year). SAT 2010 GPA 3.7
    I don't think I'll be going though, the interview I had was a huuuuge turn-off (see my thread about Simmons interviews)
  • upstatemomupstatemom Registered User Posts: 520 Member
    My D was accepted in Jan. Not really sure why she applied but...she did get a Dean's scholarship (we are still waiting to hear about all the fin aid). I had not been able to find much feedback about the school, but did not have good feelings about. We finally visited as a family and I definitely got a better impression of it, but not enough to want her to go there. Later she got a mailing from them--an out-of-date promotional magazine/booklet from 2009! Puleezz.. not a very good way to impress someone!

epizeuxis- you have great stats! Where else did you apply and which school(s) are you seriously considering?
  • xnamelessxxnamelessx Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    Yeah, Simmons doesn't seem to be good at impressing people. I mean sure, I liked the fact that they replied to my emails almost immediately. But the interview I had was really the biggest turn-off ever. After 20mins of her going through her list of questions and writing my answers down I really lost interest, and I didn't make much effort to hide it cause I was so frustrated. That probably would have led to a rejection at any other school, but Simmons still accepted me with a scholarship.

Anyway, I just recently found out that I got a pretty good scholarship at one of my other schools, so now I won't feel bad about turning the money down and Simmons is definitely off my list. At least there was no application fee.
  • epizeuxisepizeuxis Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I just got accepted to McGill so im going to go there if I don't get into my other schools. I also love Colorado College... Simmons just allowed me to apply for free so I took advantage of that situation! Applied to Ivies, should hear back soon.
  • upstatemomupstatemom Registered User Posts: 520 Member
    Got notification of fin aid yesterday- excellent package--then letter today saying D was accepted into Honors program and they sweetened the deal with a substantial book credit at the bookstore. Great deal but still don't think it's the place for D. She also got into Smith.
  • SarahJlikeWoahSarahJlikeWoah Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Accepted
    Major:International Relations
    GPA: 2.98
    SAT: 1780
    EC: Cheerleading(F,So), Theatre(So,J,Sn) International Thespian Society(J,Sn), Soccer Manager(All 4 years), Track and Field(J), Lacrosse(F,So), Chamber Choir (So,J, Sn)
    Volunteer: Award of Meritorious Service 260+ hours

I was also accepted at Salisbury and Spring Admit to American U. I was denied from Northeastern which was my first choice, so right now I'm hoping to attend Simmons while applying to transfer in the Spring or Fall.

I got an okay fin. aid package, but I'm probably going to call and see if I can get more. At this point it would be worth it to just stay in-state(Maryland) and transfer even though I'd much rather start my college experience in Boston.
  • atomvseveatomvseve Registered User Posts: 227 Junior Member
    accepted

I got the acceptance letter in the mail and completely forgot that I had even applied.
This discussion has been closed.