Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Bard College at Simon's Rock good fit for me???

1plus1isthree1plus1isthree Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in Simon's Rock College of Bard
Hello, I am a rising sophomore who is ardent about learning. However, my grades do not reflect my intellectual capability (my average grade for the first semester is around B+~A-). My average grade is quite low (BTW, I take junior level mathematics and English) because my median grade for science is around B-. This semester, I have significantly improved my science (A+), and my average grade is around A~A+. I am planning to take my SAT later this year. Are my grades good enough for Simon's Rock? I have a passion in writing essays, and I heard that Simon's Rock has an emphasis on writing quality essays.

I would really like to attend Simon's Rock because I feel that I am not being challenged at school. At school, I do not need to study because the coursework is so easy.

Also, I sometimes do not connect with my friends. While my friends squander their time playing games, I spend most of my time reading classics, such as Tom Jones and Les Miserables. I simply had enough of high school. .

Do you think Simon's rock would be a good fit for me?

Thank you
Post edited by 1plus1isthree on

Replies to: Bard College at Simon's Rock good fit for me???

• YucatanYucatan Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there! Simon Rock, is a very selective school! Only 4 percent are accepted in fall admission! Gpa is not as important interview is everything! Lots of people transfer! Here are rates for 2010:
    50% Stanford
    20% Yale
    10% Cornell
    10% Brown
    5 percent other schools
    Note: transfers to dartmouth are practically 98%
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.