Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

A-Level vs AP

cykbenniecykbennie Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm currently at my last year in high school and will be taking A-level in Nov this year.

Since by the time I apply for us university the a-level grades are not out yet and I would only be able to use my predicted grades, I'm wondering whether taking AP exams will give me any extra credit when applying for us universities since AP seems to be more recognised.

Can someone give me some suggestions? Thank you!

Replies to: A-Level vs AP

• Helen13Helen13 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Old post but for others' benefit:

Take AP exams. At most US universities, a high AP score will give you college credit. If you take a lot of APs, you will start university as a sophomore (2nd year.)

This is a popular trick for premeds in the US as it saves them cash and boring intro courses and speeds them into research. Shaving off a year or two undergraduate matters when you are facing an additional 8 years' in medical school.
This discussion has been closed.