Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Singapore A Level Results --> Top Schools like Stanford

stormborn97stormborn97 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi I did not do too well in my GCE Cambridge A Levels (considering my competition), getting a AAB (H2) and ABB (H1). However, my ECs are more outstanding and I have won international awards and regularly represent SG. With a SAT score of 1550 and assuming my essays are good, would I even stand a chance in getting into a school namely Stanford, UC Berkeley, Pomona etc. and should I apply early decision?
Appreciate any and all replies, thanks!

Replies to: Singapore A Level Results --> Top Schools like Stanford

• RingLuci123RingLuci123 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't say anything with regards to Stanford, but I think you have a reasonable chance at Berkeley, especially if your ECs are as impressive as you say they are. Officially, the UCs only consider H2 subjects, though there is an option for you to list down your grades in any H1 subjects you've taken. UC Berkeley doesn't have EA/ED admissions, though. Your SAT score is lovely. Are you planning on taking any SAT subject tests? Work hard on your essays, and I believe you'll do fine. All the best! :)

This discussion has been closed.